Support Family Caregivers
Family members provide the majority of care for their elderly relatives. Through the DC Caregivers Institute and family caregiver program, Home Care Partners supports and educates family members to ease some of the stresses of caregiving while providing the concrete services they need to continue caring for their relatives at home. Caregivers must be DC residents caring for a DC Senior (60 years and older). We assist family caregivers with these services:
- Case Management to help develop a caregiving plan.
- In home, hands-on practical skills and tips for managing health problems faced by the elder.
- Telephone support groups to share with professionals and other family caregivers.
- Seminars on practical topics such as therapeutic activities, fall prevention, nutrition and blood pressure management.
- Reimbursements for certain caregiving-related supplies or respite care by an agency or in a facility to allow family caregivers to get a break.
- Reimbursements to pay other family members or friends identified by the caregiver to help provide care.